Step 1 - Download and Installation
- Download and install the Ventrilo Client.
Step 2 - Enter a User Name
- Start the Ventrilo client.
- Click the -> button next to User Name.
- Click the New button. Enter any name you want. This name will be what others see in the Ventrilo client. Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button.
Step 3 - Enter Connection Information
- Click the -> button next to Server.
- Click the New button. Enter the name of your server and click the OK button.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in the Hostname or IP text box.
- Enter the port number that was emailed to you in the Port Number text box.
- Enter the join password that you chose when purchasing your Ventrilo server in the Password text box and click the OK button.
Step 4 - Connect and Create Channels
- Click the Connect button.
- Right click on the server name and choose Server Admin -> Login...
- Enter the admin password that you chose when purchasing your Ventrilo server and click the OK button.
- Right click on the server name and choose Channel Admin -> Create...
- Enter a name for your channel in the Display name text box and click the OK button.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each channel you want to create.
We recommend that you setup a push to talk button. This is a button you will press before you wish to speak.
- Click the Setup... button.
- Click the checkbox next to Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey.
- Click the text box next to Hotkey and press any key that you wish to use as your Push-To-Talk key and click the OK button.